Rules

Rules
1. I am a male to female transgendered person. If the whole subject of transgenderism grosses you out, please do not continue to follow this blog. Eventually there will be pictures and discussions about men dressing as women and going out in public. If you are offended by this subject, I suggest you search again.
2. Cyberbullying and harassment of any sort will not be tolerated. Any posts that harass transgenders or any other member of the LGBT community (including their significant others) will be immediately deleted and the violator removed from the blog. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. There are no pictures or stories of a sexual nature on this blog. If you are looking for this kind of a blog, please look elsewhere.
4. Anyone is welcome to follow my blog, and much like an equal opportunity employer I will not restrict access to anyone based on their race, color, religion, national origin, creed, or especially sexual orientation. We are all equal in my eyes!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Fashion Influences

As I was surfing the internet this morning, I came across a site that had the 10 most popular TV series concluding episodes of all time (MASH's Goodbye, Farewell and Amen was naturally #1--same in my book), and while fawning over the understated elegance of Jill Taylor (Patricia Richardson on Home Improvement) it got me to thinking about the ladies that have influenced Janet's fashion sense the most during these 34 years.
In no particular order (names abbreviated to protect the innocent):
Mom, my HS Spanish teacher Mrs. A, My Jr. High Orchestra teacher Mrs. J, office ladies in downtown Dallas, my former neighbors B, L, and A, my former roommate A, my friend T's mom, and all of the ladies on TV and in movies that realize that you can still look elegant without going overboard.
I try to emulate all of these ladies' styles. Mrs. A's sky high black stilettos and knee length skirts, Mrs. J's black patent pumps, sleeveless shift dresses, and silk long sleeve blouses, the Dallas ladies' skirtsuits and pantsuits, B's skirts and blouses with high heel pumps, L's stewardess outfits, A's different colored pumps and shirt dresses, and Mom's secretary fashion, nylon panties, colored tights, sweater dresses, and control top pantyhose all influence my style.
Just a small pictureless peek into my wardrobe speaks to all of these fashions. I have a nice pair of black 4 1/2" heel stilettos, 2/3 of my shoes are black patent (they go with everything and range from a pair of pointy toe flats to my 4 1/2" Jessica Simpson Oscars), several knee length skirts, sleeveless shift dresses and long sleeve silk blouses, a few skirtsuits and pantsuits, pumps in a rainbow of colors, and my collection of navy blue shoes and outfits would appease any flight attendant. As for Mom's fashion, I have several office appropriate dresses (some of which look remarkably like ones she had worn in the past), I wear only nylon panties and bodybriefers, and I do not go anywhere without my control top pantyhose or tights on. That part of the list of influences is in order because she has influenced me the most. I can still recall the image of my Mom standing in the bedroom ironing her gray skirt while wearing a white and pink cap sleeve blouse, white nylon panties, pale pink control top pantyhose (the 80's--they came in all kinds of colors), and gray slingback pumps. I got a lot of the ability to color coordinate and put outfits together from Mom. Some of the outfits I am wearing in Tulsa next month are Mom inspired. I can't wait to share those outfits with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment