Rules

Rules
1. I am a male to female transgendered person. If the whole subject of transgenderism grosses you out, please do not continue to follow this blog. Eventually there will be pictures and discussions about men dressing as women and going out in public. If you are offended by this subject, I suggest you search again.
2. Cyberbullying and harassment of any sort will not be tolerated. Any posts that harass transgenders or any other member of the LGBT community (including their significant others) will be immediately deleted and the violator removed from the blog. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. There are no pictures or stories of a sexual nature on this blog. If you are looking for this kind of a blog, please look elsewhere.
4. Anyone is welcome to follow my blog, and much like an equal opportunity employer I will not restrict access to anyone based on their race, color, religion, national origin, creed, or especially sexual orientation. We are all equal in my eyes!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Epic Fail once again--sort of.

Every Tuesday my TV is tuned to Fox from 7 - 9 to watch the three shows I am addicted to: Glee, New Girl, and Raising Hope. Glee was excellent as usual, as was New Girl. Raising Hope was going great until main character Jimmy and his coworker Frank decide to go confront former school bully Tommy. When Tommy comes to the door--big surprise--Tommy is now Tammy. The reason for the title of this post is what happens next. Tammy is portrayed as a butch woman who beats up both Jimmy and Frank. Granted, the two men threw the first punches, but Tammy is portrayed as a burly person who just happens to dress and talk like a woman. I think this was done for comedy's sake, but I am getting tired of TV and movies portraying the transgendered community as a freak show. Of course, this was just a TV show and not real life, but how will the public ever come to an understanding about transgendered people if the media portrays us as mindless buffoons who are nothing more than guys in dresses (or ladies in jeans and flannel shirts, depending on which side of the TG community you are on)? I do not think that the general public will ever understand what it means to go through life every day wishing you could present as the individual you feel you are. I am a woman in every sense except for my physical appearance. Can I scream that from the rooftops? Sure, if I want to be locked in a padded cell in Terrell.
OK, enough with the soap box. It is hump day! I am so glad the week is almost half over, although it means we are one day closer to Christmas. That wouldn't be a bad thing, except that I am only a third of the way through with my shopping. The guy in me says I still have 17 days, but the woman in me says that is not enough time! At least I love to shop!
Well, after looking through all of the items I have purchased and what I have at storage, I think I am almost ready for my trip! A few more pairs of pantyhose and a few more sets of nails (since I will have to remove them each afternoon--sucks) and I will be set. I am still trying on different outfits to see if any need to be changed or altered, but I think I am almost ready. I have decided that I will be wearing a black sleeveless shift over a black longsleeve turtleneck sweater with black patterned tights and black patent 1 1/2 inch kitten heel pumps. I think the outfit will look extremely cute, yet will be warm enough when I am outside of my car. Most of the outfits I have chosen were picked because of their practicality as well as their fashion. Remember, the key is blending, not sticking out like a sore thumb. Lots of tights, lots of slacks and jeans, lots of sweaters and thick shirts and boots boots boots.
Of course, this plan will be thrown out the window and I will be scrambling to make other wardrobe plans if the weather is not its usual bitter cold for early January in Eastern Oklahoma. Luckily, I have plenty of light and cute dresses and skirts that I can wear if that is the case!
Until we meet again,
XOXO 
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment